Our goal is to help make Centenary a congregation that reaches out in love to our active members, non-attending members, visitors, and those who may not have experienced being part of a Christian church family.
Develop and encourage a year-round program of community outreach and mission in the life of the church. Provide the congregation with mission opportunities throughout the year; i.e. work camps, short-term mission work, Volunteers In Missions projects canned food collections, etc. Share mission thoughts and information through the newsletter.
The committee reaches out into the community with the gospel. It will help develop plans for inviting persons to know Jesus Christ and come into the life of the church. The committee will review current evangelism models and resources and recommend continuing evangelism programming throughout the church year. Committee meets monthly.
Meetings are held the third Thursday every month at 5:15 in the Conference Room
- Send Easter and Christmas program postcards to members
- Seasonal ads in various media formats
- Greeter at the door for 9 AM service
- Support the youth ministry by serving a meal
- Reaching out into the community by sponsoring the food pantry table
- Support Relay for Life Event
- Have an Easter and Christmas lawn display
- Send Christmas cards to county prison inmates
- Implement recommendations from the Brown Church Development Group
- Plan 3 Movie Nights open to the community
Anyone is welcome to attend. We are always looking for new members